Hey guys, how's everyone doing? Things are going well down here. Hope everyone had a happy Easter. Did the Easter Bunny come by? Did you guys get chocolate? We dure did!!!! Elder Elias (who lives in the same house as us) got a 30 count box of chocolates from his mom. We have eaten enough junk food to make us all fat and sick (literally) and then this Sunday the sisters in the Relief Society attacked us with even more chocolate!!! I can't even eat more chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, we're starting to get sick so we're just giving it away to our investigators or to the primary or random people on the street (GREAT way to do street contacting- offer chocolate). Speaking of chocolate- I got the packages safe and sound. To be honest- I kept the deo, reeses, and cadbury eggs and gave the rest away to the other elders. I'll be able to eat as much as I want in a little bit- some of them not for another year and a half. Thanks a ton!!!!
So this week we had a pretty average week as far as the work. We spent a lot of time following up on addresses... but people give us fake addresses so we spent lots of time going in circles trying to find houses that don't exist. *Sigh* Oh well, we'll find the people who truly want to find the truth. We had a TON of success bringing investigators to church this week. The members are getting really excited about the work and they're getting more involved so things are really going well in that department. The bishop really likes us and he's excited to work with us so things are going well there too.
Oh, I think I forgot to mention this to you. A week or two ago, I finished Revelations. That means I have read the whole bible in Portuguese. How cool is that? It also means I succeeded in my goal to read every page of the standard works in Portuguese and also the mission library (including Jesus, The Christ). Pretty neat, huh? Not many people can say that, can they? Now I"m just terrified to have to switch back to English and lose all the markings and notes that I made. I think I'll just keep studying my scriptures in Português.
Well, time's about up. Gotta run. I sure do love you all. Just a little bit more and I'll be home to see all of you. Who's excited? Who's trunky? Not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment