"...Winter is officially over down here, so now it is reallyhot, especially when we are hauling up and down the ginormous hills of Pilarzinho. But life is good down here, I'm developing a killer missionary tan and I have lost a ton of weight..."
Dallin is very positive and excited about being on his mission. He cannot believe that he has already been in the field for a month! He likes that he can not only speak to someone in Portuguese but also understand what they say back to him. (Plus it is still fascinating to him that he is in Brazil!)
"...We had transfers this week, but nothing really changed for me- Elder Brown and I are staying in Pilarzinho. I kinda figured it would happen, after all, I've only been with my Pai for four weeks. I'm glad I'm staying here though, the ward is ridiculously awesome and Elder Brown and I get along great..."
Dallin said they had their 2 baptisms on Sunday for T and M. Things went really well and there were over 60 members there to support the girls. The girls are very excited about being new members of the church and Dallin knows they are going to do great things.
"...We've been having a hard time finding enough people to teach and fill up all the hours of the day, so we decided we'd start passing by the members' houses and we'd sing a song and leave a condensed version of the first lição (lesson) with them so they would feel the Spirit and then ask if we could share our message with any of their friends. Its been going really well..."
"...Baptism, lots of walking, lots of rejection, but then lots of success too. Yeah, this whole missionary gig is pretty sweet. Eu sei que Jesus é o Cristo e eu sei que o Livro de Mórmon é verdadeiro. Eu amo Brasil e eu está muito bem. Eu amo todo mundo and eu amo de ser um missionário!"
No comments:
Post a Comment