"Life down here in Brazil is going okay. Its been a bit of a difficult week. We walk up and down and up and down and up and down these huge Brazilian hills trying to find people to teach but we haven't had much success. Also, we've had some investigators disappear off the face of the earth, so we're trying to change things up and support the ward and strengthen them instead. It all balances out in the end though- we walk and work hard all day and then finish up with a really good lesson or something at the end of the day..."
Dallin said that his first baptism was on Sunday (and he is very excited!) They've been teaching these two moças (young women) named T and M and they are very accepting of the gospel and are really excited about baptism. Dallin says that even though they live far away, the walk is completely worthwhile because of the girls' excitement and happiness.
"...So yeah, things are hard...then something awesome happens and it gets better, then they get difficult again, then another awesome thing happens to get you through the hard parts. Its a mission..."
Dallin got to visit the Curitiba temple this past week and he said it was GORGEOUS.
"...We eat every day with members for lunch (lunch here is the big meal of the day). One day they had peppers on the table too, so me being me, I mixed them in with my rice and beans to add some spice. The sister started freaking out and telling me that it was too spicy and I wouldn't be able to handle it. I told her not to fret and I would be fine and ate the peppers. The sister was surprised to see me be totally fine and enjoy the peppers, because apparently it was one of the spiciest peppers in Brazil. It barely even tickled. So now the story of me and my leather tongue has started spreading throughout the ward (thanks to Elder Brown telling everyone) and the elders in the ward are going to find something to make me cry. I told them good luck and I would take whatever they dished out. I'll keep you posted on whether the Brazilians can actually find a spicy pepper..."
No comments:
Post a Comment