So we were playing soccer today...

"...Well... its the start of another weekly email to everyone... Anyhoo... How is everyone doing? How is life up in the frozen wasteland called America? Is it as cold as everyone is saying it is? We finally hit fall here in Brasil so the weather is starting to cool down. We were walking at night and I had this strange sensation. It really weirded me out and I was trying like crazy to figure out what it was then I realized- it was actually comfortable and not ridonkulously blooming hot. It was the most strange feeling... 

Well this week was rather hectic. We're working like crazy trying to reach our goal of 45 baptisms in the zone so that we can go to the temple. We've all been giving it our absolute all trying to reach the goal. We're fasting and praying and doing everything that we can to reach our goal. Life is pretty much just that right now, work, work, work, and trying to prepare people for baptism. We encountered (is that a word?) several great families this week and we're teaching them...

I had a realization this week. We have been working super hard but without really realizing it my attitude took a turn for the worse. I was getting frustrated with the people and I wasn't teaching with the spirit and because we didn't have the spirit, our work suffered. Then it kinda hit me upside the head that while I was working hard the whole week, I was just going through the motions and not really putting my heart into the work and that's why we weren't succeeding in getting more baptisms or teaching with the spirit. So when I realised what was happening I put a stop to all that nonsense and we're back to working 100%. Its interesting how Satan is always finding new ways to be an annoying bugger and try to stop the work . A lot of the time, we don't even realize what is going on or why we're having problems but when we realize it and put a stop to how he is trying to mess us up we realize just how off track we were. Does that even make sense? It does to me lol. But basically I wasn't working like I should have like in D&C 4 and our work suffered but now I'm re-dedicated and we're working our maximum and I can already see a difference. 

Well that's about all that happened this week. Sorry the email is so short but to make up for it here's a few pictures. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, right? The first pic is me, Elder Halgren, and Elder Grigsby out in the boondocks of Brasil one night. We went to do a baptismal interview and Elder Ham took the pic of us. The second is from waaaaay back when I was in the CTM in São Paulo and its of a part of São Paulo at night. The third is of Ponta Grossa, well more looking out into the fields surrounding the city. The last is of the UGLIEST DOG I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy them..."


No comments:

Post a Comment