I still can't beileve that it's already Março...

"...Well howdy family! How's life going for everyone?... Life down here south of the equator is going great. Has March Madness started yet?... But yeah, life is going really well down here. Time is flying like crazy, seriously, the weeks feel like days now. I was talking with an Elder that is one transfer ahead of me and he mentioned that he will hit his 1 year mark this month. That means that I will hit my one year mark soon. But wait, that's impossible. I most definitely haven't been out for that long. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Anyhoo... This week was a good week, we've been working super hard and we've had success finding some new families to teach. We also have a baptism scheduled for this week but its been IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of her to teach her so I'm not sure if it will happen or not. Please keep it in your prayers that it will.

 Also, the transfer will end this next week and I'm on the chopping block to leave. I've been here for 4 months already and also I've been with Elder Halgren for 2 transfers so pretty much everyone is thinking that I'm outta here. I'm not exactly thrilled at this idea... I don't really want to leave but if the Lord calls me somewhere else, I'll go. Well, we'll know next week if I"m being transferred or not, but pretty much everyone is thinking that I'm gone.

This week was a bit of a slow week because of Carnaval. Do you guys know what Carnaval is? Its basically like Mardi Gras but its the whole country partying and drinking and doing all kinds of stupid and sinful things. Like seriously, the country almost comes to a complete standstill while everyone parties for a week. Its rather annoying for missionaries, especially when we're trying to teach people and everyone's out partying in the streets and drinking. So I'll be grateful when this whole mess is over and everyone goes back to normal. It could be worse, though, the Elders up north in Rio de Janiero e Salvdor can't even leave their houses for the week because there's so much going on outside. I'll definitely be happy when all this tom-foolery comes to s stop.

I also bought a souvenier this week that I'm rather excited about, but I won't be able to use it until I come home. I have a goal/dream of coming back with all 7 of the Harry Potter books in Portuguese after the mission so I can read them in portuguese. I also decided that with 14 months left on the mission if I buy 1 book every 2 months it'll work out perfectly. Thus, today I bought Harry Potter e a Câmara Secreta (The 2nd book in the series because they didn't have the first one). I'm pretty stoked but she's going right in my suitcase and I'm not going to look at her for another 14 months but its cool to get started collecting them all. When I get home it should be fun to read them all and stay current with my portuguese.

Also, this week, we were eating lunch at a member's house and we were waiting for lunch to be ready and the Irmão of the hosue was watching television. Normally the members are considerate and turn it off but he is one of those types of RMs that like to make the missionaries suffer and test our faithfulness to the mission rules. So, with this goal of making us suffer in mind, he turns on Up and starts watching it. Pure. Flipping. Torture. I was reading my Livro de Mormon very intently trying to ignore what he was watching. It wasn't easy but I'm proud to say I did not look... I kinda just sat there, closed my eyes, covered my ears, and waited until he got the message that I wasn't going to watch...

But yeah, despite that paragraph that could be taken in a negative light, this week was a good week.  I love being a missionary and I love doing the Lord's work. I love my life right now and I can't imagine myself doing any other thing in the world. This truly is the Lord's work and I'm honored to be doing it. We'll see next week if I get transfered or not, but it doesn't really matter. I'm going to do my absolute best no matter where I go. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week...."

No comments:

Post a Comment