Oi minha querida família! Como vocês estão? Realmente está quente no outro lado do mundo? Isso é uma surpresa para mim, aqui é bem frio agora. Okay back to English because its way faster to type. Its easier to speak português but when it comes to typing and writing, English is still the way to go. Anyhoo, how's everyone doing?... I'm pretty tired actually, but its one of those "I ate a ton of food so now I'm having a hard time keeping my eyelids open" types of tired. Today, as an activity of the district, we met up in the house of a member and made cookies and brownies and tacos. It was fun to share a little bit of America with the members and it was super good to eat a little piece of home ourselves. Brazilians really can't handle pepper. The irmão couldn't even eat the tacos because he said that it had too much pepper for him to handle. We didn't even put hot sauce on it! Sheesh... I still haven't found a genuinely hot pepper here. The closest was the tabasco sauce that I found but that doesn't count because its American. They seriously can't handle pepper. Its kinda funny actually.
Anyhoo... this week is going marvelously. Do you remember that last week I talked about how we were working with a YW named L and that after months of trying her dad finally said he'd let her be baptized? Well, we had the baptism Monday night...The dad of her best friend baptized her and there were LOTS of members who came to watch and support. It was great to see that the Lord seriously does answer prayers. The week before the dad gave permission, the whole ward council decided to fast together so that we could have more success and after that fast, we've had baptisms falling from the heavens. Seriously, its been kinda nuts. We have a lot of people that we're working with that we are trying to get ready to get baptized in the next couple weeks. I like it when we baptize. Just saying, its a great feeling. The man that I talked about last week, A, that just appeared at the church, is also getting ready to be baptized this next week and we're working on getting him ready and prepared. Yup, the work sure is going well here and I'm drastically less stressed out than I was the last transfer.
...Well that's about all that was interesting that bappened this week. Glad to hear everyone's doing well and that life is going on. Like I always say, I'm doing great. I love the work and I love where I'm serving and I love being a missionary! This really is the Lord's work and when we trust in Him we really are blessed! I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment