I love to see the temple! I'm going there today!!!

Hey fam! I know that this email is a lot earlier than I usually send but we're going to have to leave pretty soon to go to the temple so I'm writing now! How's everyone doing? How's life? Its getting pretty dang cold now- like cold cold. It snowed in a couple parts of the state, which is a pretty big deal here. So yeah, we have no heating, no hot water other than the electric showerhead so we're having lots of fun. It could be worse, the missionaries from the northeast are really suffering. They've literally never experienced anything like this and where they're from they don't even sell jackets or coats so they showed up here with only hot-weather gear. Those of us who have a little extra are sharing with them to keep them from freezing...

So this week was a good week, we worked, we walked, we taught, and did all sorts of missionary things like that. We actually had a pretty sweet FHE this monday. There's this super awesome member family here that is always helping us and they always have a FHE monday night where they invite our recent converts and our investigators and people that they want us to teach. Yeah like I said, they're awesome. But so we never really have an opportunity to help out- they insist on doing everything and have us just share a message and the activity... So this week I looked at them and said, "You always do everything. This week I'm going to make American Pancakes for everyone to try!" They readily agreed and so I showed up and started making them. I started off mkaing a triple-batch but then more people showed up and I realized that we would need more. So I whipped up another double batch. Then another double batch. I made a lot of pancakes. I seriously think I made well more than a hundred. I had 5 burners going at the same time cooking 5 pancakes at the same time lol. It was pretty sweet actually. All the members were seriously impressed and they all loved my pancakes and insisted on copying the recipie so they can do it for themselves. They also loved the maple flavor; I made a double batch of maple syrup and it almost ran out lol.
 
Funny story, so the syrup got cold so I threw it in a pot on the stove to get it hot again and then kept cooking pancakes. I turned around and saw a boy who was about 11 years old. He decided that he didn't want to wait for the syrup to get hot so he grabbed my bottle of mapeline and dumped like half the bottle over his pancake. As you can imagine- pure mapeline doesn't taste good at all... His expression was priceless... But yeah, everyone loved the pancakes, I literally spent about 2 hours cooking all of them but it was a huge success and everyone will probably start cooking their own now...

But yeah, that's about all I have time to type about now, I gotta send an email off to President and then run to the house of the Lord!!!! I love you all!!! The Church is true!!!!!!!
 PS. Picture time!!!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment