Hey!

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? Things are going well here, actually, I'm a bit feverish so I'm not feeling all that great, but life goes on. How was everyone's week? How is my little sobrinho? (Hint Hint... Elder Bubba wants new and current fotos...). Are things starting to get a little cooler now that its almost October? Things are starting to get a little warmer here. Spring officially started here and the sun is STRONG. Don't worry, I'm using lots of sunscreen so I don't fry like a shrimp. But yeah, is everyone excited to watch General Conference? I am! Its going to be sweet! And did you all see the new Liahona/Ensign all about the Book of Mormon? It thought it was cool. I think it will help out a lot of people investigating the Church, and the members as well. Actually, speaking of the Book of Mormon, PResident Cordon (my mission president) challenged us all to read the Book of Mormon before New Years. So, we're having to read about 6 pages a day. You'd think it a lot of reading, and it is, but he then pointed out that it took Joseph Smith about 75 days to translate the Book, which is way less time than its taking us to read it. Its kinda crazy to think about, but its just another testimony builder about how the book IS true.
So, if I remember right I challenged you all to do something to help out the missionary work. How did that go? Did you guys go on splits with the missionaries or give a book or mormon or pass along card? I'd like to know how it went (and if you didn't do it repent and DO IT). I had an interesting experience this Sunday, one of the people who would have given a talk in Church didn't show up so they asked me to give a talk about missionary work. I had about 10 minutes to preapare, but it worked out all right. I read Alma 13: 24 to them and testified to them that angels really are preparing the people to recieve the Restored Gospel. I then told them that many people think that the angels that Mormon is referring to here are the missionaries, but actually we aren't the angels- the Word that comes in its glory. There's actually a better way- the members. There's someone who can prepare the people before the missionaries even say a work to them, and that's the members. The members can help the people prepare and accept the Gospel well before the missionaries show up. We (the missionaries) are the word that comes in its glory, but the angels that are working beforehand are actually the members. I then challenged them all to be angels and to help us find the people that are "who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—" (D&C123:12). I think it went well, I felt the Spirit at least and I think and hope and pray that the members did as well and that we can start working together to find more people.
But how is BYU Football going? Is there anything exciting going on that I should know about? Its been more than a month since I recieved any letters because I'm waaaaaaay out in Podunk, so if you're counting on me getting your letters its doubtful. If there's anything important that you want me to know, put it in the email. Oh and speaking of letters, has anyone gotten what I sent to you all? I think its been about 2 weeks since I sent them so you should be getting them soon. Let me know when they arrive and what you all think of them.
But yeah, so I haven't really heard from anyone so I'd like to hear how you all are doing. Drop me a line! Especially Mr. I'm-engaged-but-won't-write-to-Brasil-Boy-to-tell-him-what-is-going-on... *evil glare*. So people, drop me a line! I love you all and would like to hear how you're doing! Give Bronson-Boy a hug from his uncle as well...
Love you all!!!!
-Elder Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment