Elder Marx sent out his weekly email on Friday. He was experiencing some computer technical difficulties, but here is some of what he had to say:
"This week has been pretty good.. We had this special speaker, maybe you've heard of him.. His name is Robert D Hales.. That's right, ROBERT D HALES! It was sweet.. He gave a wicked good talk and it was really powerful.."
Dallin says he has been having "Reunion Week" since he was running into lots of people he knows- old roommates, people from AZ, people from his wards at BYU, etc.
"My biggest problem is that I hear portuguese but naturally want to reply in German, its a pain.."
For those of you who didn't know, Dallin has taken classes in German and Arabic, so now throwing Portuguese into the mix must be challenging!
Dallin says learning Portuguese continues on slowly. He is struggling a bit with learning proper conjugations for the various verbs as well as structuring sentences correctly. However, reading the scriptures in Portuguese seems to be helping him and he remains optimistic. He sends his love to his family and especially to Molly, the family dog.
"I feel like my testimony has increased tenfold since I got here.. I always had faith and believed but when I get here I realized that to teach I had to know with an absolute certainty and I feel like my testimony has grown as a result of that...I'm doing well, I feel better than I have in a really long time..."
No comments:
Post a Comment