Week 2 Is Through

"Has it only been two weeks? Well it feels much longer. Like a month. Or more. Seriously."

Another email from Dallin! He is doing well and had a great week (especially considering he got 2 packages). He and his district are meshing really well and have a great time together. They still study for 12 hours a day and Dallin can now say his prayers completely in Portuguese and testify without using a "cheat sheet".

"Its been A LOT of hard work here, we've been working on our portuguese like mad getting ready for TRC sessions. My comp (Elder Gagon) and I taught this volunteer the first lesson and we did really well. We were super stoked at the end of it. In two weeks though we have to teach the First Discussion in portugues so that will require about fifteen times more prayers blessings to get there."

Dallin described life in the MTC as a "roller coaster". He said some days it is easy to get very frustrated with the language and then on other days a missionary can bear testimony of the First Vision and bring him to tears.

"Some days its all I can do just to make it back to bed at night and others I am so stoked about everything I don't want to stop working. Its crazy."

Dallin got to go to the Provo Temple on Friday. He says it was a wonderful experience and he had some new insights about things he had never really thought of before. He says that he loves getting mail and DearElder.com letters (so lets send him some people!) He also sees some people he knows from AZ quite regularly so that is fun.

"My testimony is growing leaps and bounds and I know I'm where I need to be and I'm not too worried about my visa anymore (if it comes, it comes. if not I get to teach somewhere else instead). I'm content where I'm at and I am having a blast with my district."

Dallin's district is so close that they have all given each other nicknames. Apparently he is now known as Elder Sasquatch because "I'm large, muscular, hairy and have a similar disposition in the mornings." But Dallin says it is a fun nickname and it doesn't bother him at all.

p.s. Here are the instructions and necessary info so you can write a letter to Dallin on DearElder.com.

2. click "write a letter"
3. choose "Provo MTC" and then "Write a Missionary"
4. fill out the information on the envelope (Dallin's box # is 277 and he is scheduled to depart July 27th. You don't have to worry about his mission code.)
5. enter your email address
6. write the letter and then send it!

Any letters written on DearElder.com that will be sent to the Provo MTC are FREE so you don't have to worry about paying anything. (That is why this website is so wonderful!) As long as you have the letter written by noon (UT time) Monday-Friday he will get the letter that day. If not he will usually just get it the next day. Have fun!


p.s.s. If you live in the Provo/Orem area and want to send a letter or package to the Provo MTC, you can take it to the UPS Store at 3214 N University Ave in Provo and they will do it for FREE. Letters are free and so are packages as long as they are 5 lbs. or less. Also, if you get it there to them by 2pm it is same day delivery. Yay UPS store!

No comments:

Post a Comment