1 Month Down... 23 To Go

"I can't believe I've been here from a month already.. That means I only have 23 more to go!! Time Flies!!! Life here is great, but starting to get repetitive, its the same things every day.. I'm not complaining though, I love it here.. Some extra spice and variety would be nice though..."

Dallin has officially been in the MTC for over a month! He is having a great time with his district and they are all rooting for the USA and Brazil to win the World Cup.

He mentioned a funny story in his weekly email about the "power of missionaries". One of Dallin's teachers is married and the other isn't. As his district was planning out their weekly goals they decided it would be funny to make one of their goals be: get the single teacher to be engaged. Apparently some of the missionaries prayed for this teacher to have success and get engaged. The next day the teacher saw the goal and laughed really hard because he and his lady-friend became "official". They have become completely head-over-heels for each other and are now "engaged-to-be-engaged" (whatever that means). Dallin said that he and his district now talk about the "power of missionaries" and that when they are all praying for the same cause, anything can be accomplished. Funny funny.

"...It struck me how much I've learned and grown these last 4 weeks.. It crazy, I mean I'm going to be teaching the first lesson this week IN PORTUGUES! How crazy is that? I am learning super fast.. Apparently my pronunciation is pretty good too, my teacher mentioned to me how he thinks its the best in the class.. Not bad for someone who used to only speak gutteral languages, speaking a romantic language, huh? (PS I came to the conclusion that Portuguese is far prettier than spanish, just saying)..."

At the MTC it has been "new mission president week" which means that all of the new mission presidents are at the MTC for some training and such. Dallin said that the entire first presidency has been there and at least 8 of the 12- very exciting. There will be a secret fireside by someone and it should be really good, so all of the missionaries are curious as to who will be speaking.

A couple of missionaries in Dallin's district got their visas. There district will be shrinking down to 9. Dallin is a little envious but he knows whatever happens will happen for a reason and he is staying positive. If per chance his visa were to come in, he would get 5 minutes to call home so he is excited about that as well.

"...Well I'm almost out of time but know that I love you all and I am having the time of my life here.. I seriously feel better and happier than I have in a really long time and I know that's because I'm putting all my time to serving the Lord..."

No comments:

Post a Comment