First Week in Brazil

Dallin has now been in Brazil for just over a week and he says he is "freaking loving it here". He had nice plane rides and even got to have 2 seats all to himself for the long flight to Brazil. He did mention that it was hard to stare at his shoes for the whole flight while everyone else was watching movies... way to be a trooper Dallin.

"Once we landed here in São Paulo we got picked up and started driving across the city to the CTM. However, as we were driving the van broke down in the far right lane of the freeway, and we don't have any shoulders on the roads here. The driver just hopped out and started working on the engine right there in the middle of the freeway! It was nuts!!! Cars were whizzing by us and I learned several rude Brazilian gestures, but we were just laughing our heads off. Eventually some random person in a truck took pity on us and pulled us over to the shoulder on the left side of there freeway. There we spent about an hour and a half just sitting on the side of the freeway while they tried to fix the van and coordinate someone else to come get us. It was awesome. Eventually we arrived at the CTM, where we met our president, President Clark. I also met our new district. They are all really sweet."

Dallin has nothing but good things to say about Brazil...

"The food consists of pretty much nothing but beef, chicken, rice, beans, fruit, and guarána. Yep, I love it here."

"I am in love with the brazileiros already, they are just so incredibly happy and enthusiastic about everything."

"But yeah life here is going great."

"...I am here in Brasil and I am doing amazing."

Dallin also had a really cool experience:

"We had a really cool experience this week though. We got here in São Paulo and Elder Ludlow (my new companion) and I had to handle this really difficult TRC scenario two days later while everyone else had been prepping for it all week. What happened was we had fifteen minutes to try to teach this family and after that we get pulled out and critiqued and then we tried again. Well the first time was just plain terrible. For some reason I couldn't speak any Português for the life of me and Elder Ludlow was the same. It was awful. Let's just say our professor who critiqued us had plenty to cover. Before we went back in we said a prayer and asked for help so we could speak the language and understand what was being said. When we got back in there, Elder Ludlow just took off with practically perfect Português. It was seriously amazing. It was seriously the gift of tongues and the spirit kicking in and we taught what we needed. Amazing. I just need that help 24/7 now..."

Sounds like Dallin is going to have some great experiences in Brazil. Enjoy it Bubba!

"I love you all and I am loving life. I love Brasíl and I love the gospel."

No comments:

Post a Comment