"Life here is going great. Thanks for all the good emails, Ive been looking forward to them all week. Life here is CRAZY busy. If you haven't been counting, this is my last week here in São Paulo. On Tuesday I leave for the magical and mystical land of Curitiba (also, apparently it really does get cold there because every Brasileiro I've spoken to about Curitiba says its cold). Were spending most of our time prepping on getting ready to go now. You know, make sure you actually know how to talk to people, make sure you know what to do in the field..."
Dallin mentioned that he can't believe he has already been out for 2 months- time sure does fly! He doesn't know when his p-day will be when he gets sent to Curitiba (so that means we don't know when we will get emails from him!)
"I had been praying all week trying to be ready and actually understand what people say when they speak and it really helped me when we were out there. We placed all six of our LDMs (Livro de Mórmon) and we had a little time to spare so Irmão Zamboni, our instructor, took us on a tour of this huge old catholic church nearby. It was cool, but the priest wasn't too happy we were there. Oh well. It was really cool to get a taste of what its like to actually be a real missionary and actually go out and talk to people about the gospel. I'm so stoked (well, there's a healthy bit of nervousness thrown in there too) to go out and be a real missionary..."
Dallin says his Portuguese has come a long way and he feels like he can actually function in society and understand what is going on around him. He doesn't like socialized health care but he loves the Brazilian food!
"Oh, so for lunch, since this is our last P day, we went to a Rodizio. Think of Fogo de Cheio, but only 15 Reis (about 9 American dollars). It was AMAZING!!!! Dad, if you were trying to make me trunky by mentioning Texas Roadhouse, nice try but I've got better down here. For an hour there was this never ending wave of meat (and amazing isn't strong enough of a word). I LOVE Brasíl!!!!!!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment