"...Well hello fam! How is everyone doing? I'm glad to hear that you all get to be together for thanksgiving. So you are having a blizzard? Oh poor babies. Its pretty flipping toasty here so you're not getting much sympathy. Well honestly, I'm getting acclimatized (is that a word and if so did I spell it right? I don't remember how to speak English anymore! arggggggh!) so honestly if I was in a blizzard I'd probably freeze to death. Odd, coming from the guy who wore flip flops in the snow..."
"...But anyways, I am really really liking Ponta Grossa. Our area is way smaller than Pilarzinho and doesn't have hills as far as they eye can see so it much nicer when we're walking around. Combine that with teaching WAY more than Pilarzinho, and the work is much easier. Honestly, the first few days were so different from Pilarzinho I wasn't sure how to handle everything. It was just too easy. I was used to grinding it out on the hills of Pilarzinho, trying to find someone to teach, getting rejected a lot, and maybe teaching one or two lessons a day. COmpare that with here, where we taught 7 lessons on thursday. Yeah, a big difference. I have to say, now that I'm adjusted, I like Ponta Grossa a lot better. Please don't think that I'm in Paradise by any means, the area needs a lot of work... Please don't think I'm complaining about anything, I'm way excited to work here. This area is fertile ground, we just have to work hard and get things really going and growing..."
"...guess what we had this week... BATISMO!!! Yup, first week here and we had a baptism. For the record: baptizing 2 weeks in a row- best. thing. Ever. The girl who was baptized's name is A... and then on Saturday she was baptized. It was way sweet..."
"...But yeah I'm about out of time, so I'm going to have to wrap this up. Glad to hear that everyone's doing well and is together. Have a great thanksgiving, eat lots of turkey and pie and watch lots of football for me. (Speaking of football, what's happening in that department?) I love you all and hope you all have a splendiferous week and holiday..."
No comments:
Post a Comment