Its P-Day! P-Day! P-Day! (Sung to the tune of Beat It by Michael Jackson)

"Oi Família! How are things? I'm glad to hear you all had an excellent Thankgiving...I can't believe that its already December. I can't believe that Christmas is in like 3 weeks. I can't believe I hit my bump day this week. Man, time flies. So anyways, I realized that In 24 days I get to talk to yo all! Excited? I am.... but it was good for the rest of the Zone because they brought back all our letters! It was nice being able to sit down and read a good letter- thanks guys..."

"...So anyways, this week was a good week. We worked our butts off. We basically cut our entire teaching pool...  so we have been working hard trying to get new investigators. Its been hard, but good. We've found some sweet families that we're going to work more with and get them progressing. We also hit the mission padrão (standard) for lessons this week: 22. Yeah, it was a good week. Its definitely an improvement than Pilarzinho when we were grinding it out and the best I ever had in a week was 13. So yeah, I like working here in Ponta Grossa. We also got dropped with giving talks in Sacrament meeting this sunday. I don't know if you guys remember my story about last time I gave a talk in sacrament meeting here in Brasil, but this time was a little bit smoother..."

"...So I don't know if you guys have heard up in The States, but there's practically a war going on down here. The Army has invaded a couple of the favelas in Rio where there's basically total anarchy and drug wars and they're laying the law down. This is major, they're like using tanks and everything. So far they've seized like 300,000 kilos of drugs (I think I heard that right). Its kinda nuts. Its kinda strange to me that the amry is being deployed on their own country, but its total anarchy in the favelas. Like seriously, there's no police or order- just the gangs. The new President taking a strong stand on drugs..."

"...But anyways... Also, do we have condensed milk in the states? Its like super popular down here. Like seriously, they use it with basically every kind of dessert. They put it on bananas, jello, cake, everything. Actually, condensed milk with jello is actually really good if any of you want to try it. Oh, and while we're on the topic of culinary deliciousnesses. We made COOKIES! It was sweet! We had a FHE with a member family and some investigators, so we offered to make cookies and bring them there so they could try them (Elder Moretti has the recipies for them). We couldn't find any brown sugar so we made sugar cookies, well kinda. They kinda evolved from sugar cookies to snickerdoodles. But anyways, it worked out well. Also, since Elder Moretti is the LD, he has a leadership meeting every thursday and I get to tag along and sit there with the other junior comps. Well another Elder and I were bored so we started wandering around and eventually found our way to McDonalds, and I just couldn't resist. It was basically the same thing as McDonalds in the states -including service- but it was way more expensive. Instead of a dollar manu, its a R$3 menu. A Big Mac Meal is like 15 Reaies, so I didn't buy that- just fries, a hamburger, and a chicken sandwich. But it still was great to have a taste of home..."

"...But yeah, that was pretty much my week. LOTS of work, actually having success, cookies, Mcdonalds, bump day, and more work. All in all, it was an excellent week... Keep helping the missionaries out, this ward is teaching me just how important member help is for the missionaries... But anyways, yeah life here is going well. We're working out butts off and we're seeing blessings and its a good time to be a missionary... Keep praying for the missionaries and help all of us out. I love you all and am super excited to talk to you all in 3ish weeks!.."

No comments:

Post a Comment