"Oi família! Tudo Bem? Como vocês estão? I'm doing well. This week has been a crazy one and a lot of things have happened. For starters, I'm currently writing this email not in Pilarzinho, but in Ponta Grossa. That's right, I've been transferred. Don't know where Ponta Grossa is? Neither did I until the LZs called and told me that I was getting transferred. Ponta Grossa is way in the interior of Paraná, it was at 2+ hour bus ride to get here. Its also way different than Pilarzinho. Its a lot more humble and has way less money. Apparently its one of the highest baptizing areas of the mission, which will be a huge change from Pilarzinho. My new comp is Elder Moretti, another Brazilian. He's the LD and from São Paulo and he's getting close to the end of his mission... We haven't really talked much but he seems pretty chill. It also means that I'm going to be speaking nothing but Português this transfer. But that's totally okay with that though. My Português improved ridiculously when I was with Elder Loyola and it will continue to improve until I'm fluent..."
"...Well first, since Ponta Grossa is so far away I will only be getting mail once this transfer, twice if I'm lucky. So, if you guys have questions or basically anything you want to say to me- put it in email..."
"...We had the Bapstism of F this Sunday too, and it was excellent. He chose me to be the one baptizing and that was totally ridiculously amazingly awesome..."
"...But yeah those are the two biggest things that happened this week- Baptisms and transfers. Oh wait, what's that? I'm forgetting something? Tomorrow I'll be 20 years old? Seriously? I don't believe you. I can't be 20. 20 means I'm old and have to be mature and responsible and all those icky things. Oh wait, I'm a missionary in Brazil and I am already doing those things. Oh well. But seriously, thanks for the Birthday wishes. It'll seriously feel like just another day of the mission. Maybe I'll make a cake or something...."
"... I'm doing well, I've got a new area and a new comp and loads of opportunities to prove myself to the Lord. I'm stoked to get out there and start working and bringing more souls unto Christ. I love you all and can't wait to talk to you all for Christmas. (5 weeks, right?) but yeah love you all and until next week..."
No comments:
Post a Comment