Hi!!!!

...Anyhoo... how is everyone doing? How's life up in the US of A? Life down here is pretty cold. Like its been cold and rainy for the last few days. Its getting near freezing at night. Not a big deal you say? Well, you forget that heated houses don't exist here in the Brasil and so how cold it is outside is just how cold it is inside. I'm not dying or anything, I'm just fine. I just had to bust out the fleece liner for my jacket and the thermals and things were just dandy... So yeah, I'm enjoying the cold while its here because soon it'll be gone and Elder Bubba will be cooking. 

So this week, things are still going slow. We adopted a new program with our investigators called "Lute ou Chute" (Fight or kick) Basically we go in and lay it all out on the table that we are here to help them come unto Christ by helping them have more faith, repent and be baptized. The things we ask them to do are the things that will help them do just that...  a lot of the people don't want to go to church, stop drinking coffee, read and pray, so our teaching pool is dwindling rapidly. Its kinda sad but necessary... So, this fun phase of the work involves "burning" the investigators a little so now we have some fun "Elder Marx-isms" and quotes:
  • "You look sad, why are you sad?" "Because you didn't go to church like you said you would!"
  • "You're only here for your church!" "No! I'm here for CHRIST!!!!"
  • "Who are you to decide what Christ cares or doesn't care about?!"
  • "I don't believe in that!" "That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that its a commandment from God!"
I just want to make it clear that I'm not doing it for fun, but to help these people realize that this IS the path that leads to true happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. It actually helped out quite a few of them... and they're now progressing and keeping their commitments. So, it was all worth it. I truly know that this is the true and everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that this is the only way for people to get back to live with our heavenly father. I know that this is the work of the Lord and that the Lord truly wants everyone to follow this gospel. I love you all and hope you all know how important this is to me and that I truly have a testimony of this work. Its true!

Love you all!

-Elder Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment