So, I was actually really sad to leave my area. I had spent 6 months there and I had come to really love the ward. I kinda almost cried a few times when I was saying goodbye to the people I had come to know and the people that I had the blessing to help to know the blessings of the Restored Gospel. I feel like I honestly made a difference with the people and the ward and I am truly grateful for the time I spent there. I baptized 12 people in the ward and it was great to see that every one of those people is still going strong in the church. Most of them have callings and they're all super strong. One of the young women I baptized came up to me with tears in her eyes and thanked me for everything I did helping her to know the gospel. There's nothing better than that in the world. It reminds me why I'm here as a missionary.
So... I think I've told you all that I'm working on making a collection of books in Portuguese so that I can get back and still stay strong and current in the language. So, we were walking and I saw a book by Glenn Beck. In Portuguese!!!! If I remember right its called "The Overton Window" It should be a good read when I get back. (I promise it won't leave my suitcase and I won't read it until there isn't a name-tag on my chest anymore.)
Okay, and one more thing. I know that my time is starting to disappear rapidly here on the mission. I really, truly want to avoid getting trunky at all costs because I can't afford it. If I get trunky I'll get less effective as a missionary and I won't be able to do the Lord's work. So, I'm asking you all now for your help. I don't want to hear anything about how much time I have left, what I will do when I get home, or what the plans will be. We can worry about that in another 8 months. I'm saying this because this last transfer the trunkiness started to get to me and I became much less effective as a missionary and the work suffered. I want to forget all about that stuff and stay focused on the mission.
So what else, well, here's some fotos for you all!!
hmm... what else? Does anyone have questions for me? I'm kinda out of it because I'm tired beyond reason and so if I forget anything forgive me. I love you all, I love this work and I love being a missionary. I truly have a testimony and I want to do everything I can in this time I have as a missionary of God.
-Elder Marx
PS Next week I'll have pics of the beach for you all!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment