So, I saw the Emperor's New Groove in Portuguese.

Well, just that. I SAW it, I did NOT watch it. We had lunch with a member family and as we were waiting for lunch to be ready, the kids were watching it. It was weird. And trunky. I was reading my Book of Mormon most determinedly trying NOT to listen...


So how is everyone doing? I'm glad to hear the the Utah trip was fun and that everyone got to see each other. How was the graduation? Has college football started? If so, I haven't decided if I want to hear details or not. We'll see... So I guess its "já era" for Arizona, huh? I don't think my mind has truly accepted that I'll be coming home to Texas yet, and it probably won't until I'm back. Okay, enough trunkeza.


So, this week wasn't the best week we've had. I actually got pretty sick and got a case of the "Brasil Belly" and had stomach pains the whole week. It wasn't very fun, I had stomach cramping and lots of other problems and we actually didn't get to go to the new missionary training meeting for my comp because I got sick. The Assistentes weren't happy with me but oh well, what can you do. We're working hard and seeing some fruits...  So we're having the fun "finding people" phase of the work. But its actually going well, 2 days ago we were walking down the street in a hurry trying to make it to an appointment on time and a guy from the other side of the road stopped us and asked us what exactly we do. So, we explained the first lesson to him in about 3 minutes and marked to pass by the next day. The next day, (actually we were in a division, I had to do a baptismal interview) we went there and taught him. He's a golden prospect and we marked a baptismal date with him for the 28th of this month. We're going to work like crazy trying to get him ready for baptism. Actually, the best thing that happened this week wasn't in my area, but actually in my district. So, my district had been working hard but not seeing many fruits here but we finally are starting to see success as a district. One companionship baptized 2 people this last week and the other area in my district will baptize this week as well. Actually, we saw a miracle happen. For 5 months, the elders were trying to get permission to baptize this you man named F. He has been going to church every week for 5 months, goes to seminary, does all the activities and is an absolute stud. However, the mom never would give her permission for him to be baptized... Well, finally after 5 months of trying everything we knew to do, the mom finally gave her permission for him to be baptized. We all were SOOOOO happy. It was a serious miracle. The Lord truly blessed the missionaries and F and he'll be baptized this week.


So, yeah, the work is going along well. I truly know that this IS the Lord's work. He truly is guiding and blessing us as we are faithful to him. Christ Lives! This is his church! And I'm proud to share this, his gospel with the people of Curitiba.


-Elder Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment