Hey!!!!

Well hey guys, how are ya'll? How's life? Things are going really well down here. Yesterday we had our Mission Christmas Conference, and we had a lot of fun and the whole mission got to see each other. It was a blast but unfortunately, I got no presents... yet. Oh well, here's to hoping that they get here next week. Actually, we had a bit of a... fun... experience coming back from the conference. Well, we had yet to recieve a closet for our house and we were just getting by without one. So, while we were at the mission office they gave us a closet to take back to our area and set up. Well, the sucker was HEAVY and the only way to get it home as to take it through the roller coaster known as the Curitiba bus system during the peak hour of activity. So, every time the bus hit a bump or took a turn the dang box went flying and either hit us or other people. We finally got it home, but I'm not anxious to repeat the experience.

 Actually, we had an AMAZING experience this last week. So, last Wednesday, we went to a pizzaria to grab some pizza before we went home. While we were waiting for this pizza Elder Thorpe felt like he should talk to this one woman and her family. So he did, and taught her a lesson right there in the pizzaria. We marked a date to go by her house and teach her and when we got there we found out that she's pretty much the most elect woman ever. After she talked to us she went home to her abusive boyfriend and that night she prayed to the Lord that if He took the boyfriend out of her life she would repent and changer her life and follow Him. So, that night she had a dream where she talked with Christ and woke up the next morning and the boyfriend was gone. Also, by the time we got there, she had also quit smoking without us saying a word to her about it. She just said that she felt that it was what she needed to do. We challenged her to be baptized on Christmas but seeing that she won't be here for Christmas, we're going to baptize her this week. She went to church with her three kids and they all loved it. The members are helping them out and she said that she'll walk to church if she can't afford the bus (our area is REAAAALLLLLY far away from the chapel) Its great to see how the Lord is preparing his Elect in every situation and place and that miracles truly do happen! We've been working our tails off here and its all paying off now. I love missionary work!!!


So, I just got back from the temple. It rocks. 'Nuff said...


Can we do like a super Skype conference together? Lemme know

So I gotta run and write my letter to Prez, but I love you all and want you to know that the Gospel is true!

Love you all!!!!

-Elder Marx
So , I still haven't exactly figured out how I'm going to talk to ya'll but when I figure it out I'll let you know. Is there any way I can talk to everyone at the same time? Does everyone have Skype?

No comments:

Post a Comment