So do you remember how I talked about how we were going to baptize that family? Well, as you know, a person has to be interviewed before they're baptized... I went to his area to do a baptismal interview and he came to my area. So, we did this division starting Thursday afternoon, and then we get a call from them back in my area. They tell me that the landlord of J (who we baptized) like hardcore freaked out and kicked them off the property and said that he would call the cops if they every came back. It turns out he's macumbeiro- a vodoo worshiper, (its fairly common down here) and that's why he didn't want us there... So anyways, they call us and say that the only time that we can do the interviews would be Saturday afternoon... we had to keep the division going for 3 days. So, I stayed in the other for three days. No big deal, except for I had no change of clothes so I was walking around for 3 days in the same Gs, Shirt, pants, tie socks, etc. in the wonderful Brazilian sun. I was pretty smelly at the end. Actually, I smelled like I did back when I finished up football practice. It was pretty rank. But it all worked out in the end and they were all interviewed and we ended up in the division Saturday night and I had a much-needed shower, shave, and change of clothes. Then, Sunday came along and we had the baptismal service and everything worked out wonderfully. The branch was really supportive and it was all wonderful. Actually, the daughter that I baptized was scared of the water and she kept popping her foot out of the water and had to be baptized again. So finally I pushed her down to the bottom of the font so that she would be fully immersed and she freaked out and just about did a back-flip while in the water! It was pretty funny. So then, we finish up the rest of the day and I get the rest of the district's numbers and call the zone leaders. The zone leaders then tell me that the assistants just called and I was getting emergency transferred!!! I was told at 10:00 at night to be at the bus station at 8 the next morning. Well, that rather perturbed me, I was being sent without any warning and couldn't say goodbye to anyone and all my clothes were dirty and and and... But, after staying up the WHOLE night packing my things, I got on the bus and off I went. Missionary work on less than 3 hours of sleep: not fun.
Oh, where am I now do you ask? Actually its a sweet area called Castro. Its about in the middle of nowhere. Its this little tiny city out in the interior of Paraná. Its an hour and a half bus ride from all other missionaries and we're all alone here. We have this little tiny branch and we're going to work out tails off and baptize like crazy. It also means that I'll probably be finishing up my mission here. There are worse places to "die". My comp's name is Elder Lopez. He's American and he's actually from Yakima, WA. He doesn't know Grandma and Grandpa... But anyways, small world, huh?
So, about the Skype dealie-o: I logged into my skype and she's still working fine... I still don't know about when I'll be able to get on because it looks like we're going to have to spend Christmas in Ponta Grossa (the nearest elders) and use the webcam there. So, we're still working out the details and I'll get on super quick on Friday and send ya'll an email about exactly when I'll be getting on. I'm doing my best to get it all organized and I'll let ya'll know.
So, I also got 3 packages for Christmas. The box and envelope and 1 envelope from BoB and Drl. I squealed like a little girl when I saw the Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce. No joke. Like a little girl. Elder Thorpe and Bezerra thought I was nuts. The ties are all super sweet and the Reeses are rapidly disappearing. I kinda doubt they'll actually reach Natal. But thanks SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Well, that's about it and if I forget anything I'll just tell you on Sunday!!!! Love you all!!!! Até Domingo!!!!!!
-Elder Marx
No comments:
Post a Comment