Well hey there everyone. How's life? Things are going really well here. Well, transferes happened, and Elder Lopez got transferred out. That means we have the whole city to ourselves and I have no clue how to get anywhere (remember, I've been here for just 2 weeks). So, we have the whole city of Castro to ourselves and we're slowly figuring out how to get around. The map is our very best friend right now. No joke. When we don't use the map, we end up getting lost and walking for forever to get to where we should be. Oh wait, do you guys want to know who my companion is? Well, remember that Elder that I asked you guys to send a package to for Christmas, Elder Justino? Well, he got transferred out here and he's now my companion and I got to see him open the package. He was really appreciative of it... It was really nice of you guys to do it. Thanks a lot.
So has anyone ever tried açaí? Its this brazilian miracle fruit that it ridiculously delicious and healthy. Does it even exist in the states? I'm getting addicted to the stuff. If you can find some, get it. No joke. Its ridiculously good. Açaí milkshake... best thing ever... Well, not really, its even better pure...
But anyways, this week was super great. We worked our butts off. Literally, we walked like crazy, but it all worked out great. We had 11 investigators at sacrament meeting. That's like 20% of the branch. No joke. It was kinda ridiculous. The branch here is really small so we're really hoping that all these people will get baptized so that we can strengthen the church here. We have several people who are getting ready to get baptized. We have a family, A e M who are getting married so they can get baptized. Then we also have a woman named A... But we can see the Spirit working with her and the changes in her heart that are happening. Although she can't really understand what we're explaining, the Spirit is there to testify to her heart that its true. This last time, we went and taught her about Christ (you'd be amazed- here in Brasil everyone says they believe in Christ but they don't have the slightest clue about who He really is or what He did for them) and invited her to follow His example, by being baptized. It was a really powerful lesson and the Spirit was there in abundance. You could see the Spirit testifying to her and we could all feel how much Heavenly Father loves her. It was great.
So this week, things are going to keep going well. We're going to keep working our tails off, figure out the area, and find lots of new people to baptize. I love this work!!!!!!!! The Lord truly is preparing His children to receive His gospel. Things are going great out here. I sure do love you guys and hope you all are having a wonderful January. So, is it cold? I seriously can't imagine cold. Its so dang hot down here. It gets downright toasty and then when it gets really hot it starts raining and we get soaked. If ya'll think Provo is bipolar, try Paraná. You never know what'll happen here. Buy the missionaries ice cream and tell them its from me. Or if its too cold for ice cream, get them something they want. Just feed the missionaries. And give them references. And go out to teach with them. Something I'm learning here is how blessed we are to be in a nice, big, comfy ward. Its different out here. But its exciting to help the Church grow.
Well, I love you guys. Help the missionaries!!!!!
Love,
-Elder Marx
No comments:
Post a Comment