Hey!

Hey guys, how's everyone doing? I'll just say it once, its really hot!!!!!!!! But other than that, things are going well. We had a good, normal, and uneventful week. Seriously, nothing all that exciting really happened. It was a hot week and we worked hard...
Well, actually, one thing really cool did happen today. I got a letter from a recent-convert from Pilarzinho (my first area). Technically, he's not my baptism. He got baptized a couple weeks before I got there but I count him as a recent convert, because I had the priviledge of getting to know him and helping him out. Well, he's now serving his own mission now! How awesome is that? He's also training already after 5 months and he's doing great. How awesome is mission work?!? He thanked me for what I did to help him and I think it is a great honor to know him. This work is true!!!
So, recently I've been thinking lots about the reason for everything- and that is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. So, I'm going through all of the standard works and I'm marking every reference that I can find about the Atonement and I keep learning more and more about it. Today I was reading on the bus in Mosiah about King Benjamin's discourse and I sat there pondering about the Atonement and how far-reaching it is and how it changes people. Christ really did suffer for all our sins and through and only through him we can be saved from our sins and we can return to Heavenly Father. When we trust in him and do all we can to be like Him, we can have His Spirit with us and we can truly find happiness and peace in this life. Its true! My testimony of the Atonement keeps growing the longer that I stay here on the mission and I hope it'll keep growing throughout my whole life. Its the reason for everything. The more we learn about it the more our desire grows to follow Him and to be more like Him.
So the work is kinda hard right now. We're working hard trying to find new people, because the one's we're teaching aren't keeping their commitments. Its kinda frustrating, because you really want to love and help these people, but they don't want to follow what you teach. Its okay, though, we'll stay optimistic that we're working hard and we'll keep working until we find the people who are ready to follow the gospel. It'll all work out in the end.
So... hmm... I honestly don't really have anything all that exciting to talk about this week. It was just a normal week. We worked hard, sweated a LOT, and we'll keep at it until we find the people that are ready to accept this message and we'll help them to follow the gospel and be baptized. This work is true!!! I love it!!!! Jesus is the Christ!!!!
Love you all!!!!


-Elder Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment