Its really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

really really really really really stinking hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!  Okay, got that off my chest.

Hey guys!!! How's life going? ITS HOT!!!!!! Okay, last time I'll say that in the email. 

But yeah, this week was a really good week. Its rather toasty but we still worked really hard and saw lots of success. We knocked a LOT of doors but we saw quite a bit of success and found lots of good people. This Sunday, we had ten investigators at church- all the more impressive when you realize that's about 20% of everyone at church- and they had a really good experience. We found lots of good people and all in all it was just a really good week. It was also kinda strange. Some strange things happened this week.

First off, I FOUND A TUBA AND PLAYED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Seriously! It was sweet! We swung by a music store in Ponta Grossa so my comp could get new violin strings (he plays the violin) and there it was... a tuba! In Brasil!!! So I went up to the manager and hesitantly asked if I could play it. To my surprise (What would you do if a foreigner asked to play your very rare and expensive instrument...) he let me!!! I have now realized that I don't really remember how to play a tuba now, lol. Its been quite a while. I also don't remember any of the music that I used to play but I played a freaking tuba!!! One more thing on my mission bucket list checked off. (I'm still waiting for a bottle of dew to come in the mail so I can check off that one too...) 

Now, get ready, because you're about to hear the strangest thing imaginable. I successfully managed to get frostbite in the middle of the Brazilian summer. Impossible? I somehow managed to pull it off. So after I got through last week with talking with you guys we went back to the house. Being relatively hot I decided to get something could out of the freezer. I had just washed my hands, and they were still wet, so when I put my hand in the freezer my fingers touched the side, and you guessed it, promptly got frozen to the side. Oh crap. I desperately tried to pull my fingers off but they weren't leaving. So I tried to call for my comp to help me out but he was sleeping and didn't want to get out of bed. So I grabbed some water out of the fridge (the only water handy) and start pouring it on my fingers to try to get it to loosen up. Didn't work. So then (and I'm now in a state of near panic because at this point I had lost all feeling in my fingers) manage to kick the power cord out of the socket and then using my arm I warmed my fingers up to the point that the ice loosened and I was free. The end result, I had rather painful cold burns on my fingers that lasted for quite a while. Go figure, frostbite in Brasil. 

But yeah, so things are going well down here. Frostbite, tuba, killer mosquitoes the size of sparrows, work, sun (lots of that) and lots of fun!!! Gotta run and send an email to President but I love you guys and hope you all have a great week!!!

-Elder Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment