"Life down here in Brasil is the same craziness and wackiness as always. Its spring here, so sometimes it is chilly and dumping rain- but other times it is really flippin hot. The climate never can make up its mind- oh well. I discovered that I really do not like humidity, it makes me sweat a lot- guess I'm going to have to adjust and quickly."
"Well last Thursday and Friday were the Leadership training meetings in Portão, so I actually got to work in another area other than Pilarzinho. It was actually way cool. We took a bus up waay north of the city and worked up there. It was the Brasil I actually expected: dirt roads and people actually willing to listen to our message. Its kinda difficult to find people to teach here in Pilarzinho so that was a really nice break to just go and teach some lessons."
"This week was kinda difficult. We had 6 baptismal dates fall on Sunday because people don't want to go to church. It gets pretty frustrating but that's just missionary life. Right now the only investigators we have that are really honestly trying to find the truth are a couple called L and F. They're actually reading and praying and feeling the spirit, and its amazing to see the changes the gospel makes in their lives. When we first met them they didn't seem happy at all, but now they are smiling and you can see how much happier they are."
No comments:
Post a Comment