"Oi familia! Tudo bem? How is everyone doing? How is my little sobrinho/sobrinha? How is life in the states? Its funny to hear you guys talk about how it is getting cooler up there because down here it is getting hotter and hotter. Curitiba's pretty far up in the mountains and the sun is way strong here so I'm starting to fry. Seriously, its easier for me to burn here than it was for me to burn in Arizona. I bought sun screen and I'm using it now so don't worry, my sunburn will go away soon and I don't plan on getting another one. The members got a good laugh out of my face though. I'm toasted but not too bad. We alternate between rainstorms and baking sun. What's really fun is when you get a combination of both- 90% Humidity and pretty hot too... fun... there are times when I feel like I'm swimming not walking. I have decided that I really don't like humidity. It could be worse though, I could have been called to João Pessoa or another mission in the nordeste. There, they have to deal with this year round..."
"...life is going good down here. Seriously, it may seem like I'm complaining but I'm actually doing pretty well. I actually got my letters which made me very happy, and my portuguese is continually improving. We are also teaching a lot more, which is a welcome change... things are changing. We taught 7 first lessons last week which was way more that I've ever taught in one week in my mission. We're also gaining more investigators and helping them progress too. No baptisms yet but to me its more important to help them gain a solid testimony and be solid for the rest of their lives than it is to throw them in the water after 2 weeks. Right now our best investigators still are L and F- they just need more fellowshipping from the ward and to strengthen their testimonies. All in all, the work is going well here right now..."
"...Oh, I don't remember if I mentioned this last week or not but I had MEXICAN FOOD!!!!!!! There's this mexican restaurant here and last week me, Elder Loyola, Elder Brown, and Elder Pettigrew all went. I was in flipping heaven. It was basically a rodizio of fajitas. They had actual guacamole and sour cream and tortilhas..."
"...Work, sun, sweat, spirit... yep... But seriously life here is going good... Eu amo vocês e eu sei que esta evangelho é o evangelho de Jesus Cristo e sei que eu estou onde eu foi chamado. A igreja é verdadeira e eu amo sendo um missionário. Amo vocês!!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment