Carta 5/10/10

"Things are moving and changing here in Curitiba. We had transfers this week and things have been shaken up a bit. I'm still in Pilarzinho but Elder Brown got transfered. My new comp is Elder Loyola, a Brasileiro from São Paulo. I've been with him all of about two hours but I think we'll get along well. This will also probably be the only time this week that I can think in English, the rest of the time I'll be trying to communicate in Português. Should be fun. It was kinda a weird thought when I realized I'm the only American for miles and miles and the only way I can function is to speak Português. I'm starting to notice those times when I phrase an English sentence like I would in Português and I'm starting to forget English words. AHHHHHHHHH!"

"Conferência Geral was way sweet. There were three americans in the district and we all got to watch the sessions together in english, which made life much nicer. We also got to stay out late and watch the priesthood session live with everyone else. I never thought I'd see the day where I felt uncomfortable being out of the house after 9:30. Oh, how missions change people."

"The work here is slowly progressing. We successfully got our important investigators to church to watch conference, so that was a really great thing. We're also continuing to work with L and F... We also have been working with other investigators who are starting to honestly progress and feel the blessings of the Gospel in their lives. I was kinda wanting to get transferred out of here but I feel like there's still things I need to accomplish here in Pilarzinho, so I'm staying here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment