Well hey there fam. How's everyone doing? I'm pretty flipping tired to be honest. We played futebol (soccer to you gringos) for a couple hours and I'm beat. But I'm finally starting to understand how to play this sport and can actually control the ball and score goals. (I scored 4 today, I'm rather proud of that...) Life here is going super great. First off, sorry for not having any time to write last week, we were running like crazy and you're lucky you even got an email, a lot of the trainers didn't get home in time to send anything off at all.
So, I'm finally adjusting to the fact that I now have to really be a grown up and responsible for others, which is kind of strange. I thought that things were busy before President made me LD, now things are super crazy busy. Oh well, I"ll deal. Elder Costa is doing super. Our first couple days were a little rocky because he wasn't accustomed to walking all day and all our appointments fell so we had to knock doors all day (which doesn't happen much) but he took it like a champ and now things are going great. We are getting someone ready to be baptized this week, which is always super great. Her name's K, she's the daughter of one of our recent converts, A. She's already gone to church a couple of weeks now and she's been going to Seminary every night for almost 2 weeks so we're pretty excited to baptize her. We're also working with the mom of another recent convert and getting her ready for baptism.
We had a stake conference this week and it was one of those where they transmit it from Salt Lake to all the stake centers. So, basically all of the Church in southern Brasil stopped to watch the conference. It was pretty strange to go to Stake Conference and just have a transmission but at the same time it was super cool to see the Prophet and have him send revelation directly for Southern Brasil. We had a 70 from Uruguay that speaks Portuguese speak (não me lembro o nome dele) and after that we had the sister from the Primary Presidency speak and then Elder Holland and Preaident Monson. It was super cool and then in the end we asked A (the mom of the recent convert that we're teaching) how she felt and she said she had never felt anything like that when President Monson was speaking. Cool. Have I mentioned that man's a stud?
Hmm... what else happened this week... Well, I saw Elder Thorpe. He's going great and training too. He gave me a good razzing about being a Texan now until I pointed out that I would get home 6 weeks before him and that I would take fotos of me with his family and in his house and on his bed and send it to him while he is still on the the mission. That evened the odds a little...But I also included a foto of the two of us and our sons. If you want you can throw it up on the bulliten board of the ward in Mansfield. Or at least show it to his parents.
But yeah, that's about my whole week. Teaching, training, being a mom of my district, scoring goals in soccer, and working super hard. Yup, a good week. Hope you all have a wonderful week too and I'm SUPER excited to talk to you guys on sunday. (Well, at least mom and Dad). Give my little nephew a kiss for me and everyone have a wonderful week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment