Oi!

"...Hmm... It seems like I always start my emails in the same way, is that annoying? Maybe I should try to mix thing up a little at the start of my letters. Meh, less time thinking and more time writing. Anyhoo... how is everyone doing?...
Life here is going well, I'm having a hard time accepting that I am now officially on the downward slide of my mission. But let's not talk about things like that, I don't want to get trunky, I need to baptize and you can't baptize when you're thinking trunky thoughts...
The work here is slowly moving along. Like I said the last couple weeks, we're fighting to find new investigators. Last transfer, we baptized just about everyone that we had in our teaching pool and ever since we've been trying to find new people. I'm sure that we'll find them, we just need to keep up the faith and the Lord will bless us. I'm also slowly getting adjusted to being District Leader. When I was told that I'd be training and a District Leader at the same time,  I figured that being LD would be really easy and that training would be waaay more difficult. As it turns out, its the other way around.  My "son" is an absolute stud and its super easy to train him but being district leader is waaay stressful. I was getting pretty stressed out about it all but I'm slowly getting adjusted to it all. I also found something that makes it all worth it- doing the baptismal interviews of the people. Its seriously a sweet experience and the spirit is always there super strong when I'm talking with the people. Its a super great experience to be able to sit down with the people and be able to help them and see if they're truly ready to be baptized. I really love doing interviews!!!...

Well I gotta send a letter to President so I'm going to have to wrap this up but I want you all to know that I love you. I know that this IS the gospel of Jesus Christ and that Joseph Smith WAS a prophet of God and that the Book of Mormon IS true. I know that this is the work of the Lord and it makes me a little sad to think that its already halfway over but that just means I've got to work 5 times as hard now!!!!
Love you all!!!
-Elder Marx
PS 5 photos for you guys
1) Batismo de A!!!
2) So I found a real, live venus fly trap. Its waaaay cool
3)My contraband is growing, I succeeded in getting #2 in my Harry Potter collection. Don't worry, its locked up in my suitcase and I won't be reading them
4) Oh, and I also found Calvin and Hobbes in Portuguese. I couldn't resist...
5) We played futebol today, so here's an "action shot" of yours truly in action

No comments:

Post a Comment