Oi

"...Well hey family, how's everyone doing? I'm doing great, I'm a little tired because we just got back from the clear other side of Curitiba because we went to the temple today but other than that life is splendiferous. How are you all doing? First off, I LOVED talking to you all on Sunday (sorry Phil and Janel, guess we'll talk on Christmas). It made me a little trunky, talking in English and talking about home and stuff. Especially talking about Mountain Dew (Which I still want, by the way). After we talked about it I had a dream the next night about buying Mountain Dew, it was the trunkiest and best dream I've had on my mission. I miss dew :(

Anyhoo... For those of you who don't know, this last week we had a baptism!!!!!! We baptized K, the daughter of a woman that we baptized a few weeks ago. It was super sweet and now we're going to start working with the grandma of the family and try to baptize her. It'll be a little difficult...but we have lots of faith and we're going to help her realize what the Spirit really is and how to recognize and follow it. We're also working with a woman named A who will be baptized this Saturday. She's the mom of a young woman who was baptized about a year ago...she's getting ready to be baptized this week. I love baptizing!!!!!!!


Hmm... what else... well, I don't know if I've told you all but its one of my goals to come home with an absolute TON of books in Portuguese so that I can keep reading and stay fluent with my Portuguese. So, while we were in the temple, I bought another book that I can take home and read: the first book of Doutrinas de Salvação (Doctrines of Salvation) by Joseph Fielding Smith. No, I haven't read it and I don't plan on reading it until I get home or unless Prez authorizes me to read it but it makes me excited to have a growing collection of books that I will be able to read when I get back. Have I mentioned that I miss having time to just sit down and read a book? I haven't even gotten around to finishing Jesus, O Cristo (Jesus, the Christ) in Portuguese only because I don't have enough time. Eventually I'll get around to reading all the books that I want to but it'll probably have to wait until after the mish.


Hmm... what else... I'm slowly getting adjusted to being a trainer and LD. Its chopped all of my personal time down to absolutely zero but oh well, the Lord has called me and eu devo obedecer. Hmm.. well I don't really have anything to say because I said most of it on Sunday. Life's going well, the work is moving forward and we're doing all we can to keep it up and keep baptizing people. This really is the gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that this really is the Lord's church. Joseph Smith really was a prophet and the Book of Mormon IS the word of the Lord. I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week and that my nephew in nothing but a happy bouncing bundle of joy. .."

No comments:

Post a Comment