No joke, strangest week I've ever had on my mission. Murphy's Law (if you don't know what it is, look it up) was truly in effect this week with the whole zone. First off, like half of the missionaries in my zone got super sick...Yeah, it was bad. Also, we had the kid of one of our investigator families get kidnapped. Not kidding...
Well, I'm pretty sure the biggest question that was on everyone's mind is: Did I get transfered? Well, I was almost positive that I would be transferred but when the Transfer Call came, it turned out that Elder Deivid got transferred and I'm staying here, and I'm training again!!!!! Yeah, that was about the last thing that I thought would happen, but hey, the Lord called. My new companion is Elder Camargo, he's brazilian as well and from the interior of São Paulo. He's a stud and we're totally going to tear it up and baptize like crazy. So, I'm going to stay in this area for at least another month and a half and its probable that I'm going to stay with him for 2 transfers because of the new training program of the new missionaries. So yeah, its a good thing that I really like my area, because I'm going to be staying here for a while longer lol. I'm actually pretty stoked and we're going to go nuts and baptize everyone that we see.
Speaking of baptism, we have a baptism scheduled for this week!!! His name's A. We've been teaching him for about 6 weeks now, he's about 70 years old...We're way stoked and what better way to start a mission than baptizing someone, neh? Also, so we had another FHE this night and I offered to make more food. This time, I made french toast. It turned out pretty well, and everyone liked them. Actually I discovered that down here they actually make a type of dish very similar to french toast down here for Christmas so everyone was giving me a hard time asking me if it was Christmas and if Santa Claus is coming and stuff like that....
But yeah, so that's pretty much it. The weirdest things imaginable happening, new companion, second son, and baptism. Life as a missionary, never a dull moment, neh? I love this life. I love being a missionary, I love helping other to come unto Christ by helping them have more faith, repent, and be baptized. There's nothing more important than this work and I'm glad and grateful to be doing it. I'm sorry I don't write that much in these emails and don't write many letters (well let's be honest, I pretty much don't write any) but its because I'm trying to keep my mind focused on the work. I can't afford to let myself get distracted, I need to focus on baptizing people. I love you all. The Church IS true. Joseph Smith WAS a prophet of God and this is the work of the Lord.
-Elder Marx
PS
Pics:
1&2- Me and my sons
3&4: Making french toast.
Love you all!!!! Until next week!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment