POP TARTS!!!!!!!!!
Yup, this week an elder in my district got a package and decided to share with everyone. He got 2 boxes of Pop Tarts and since he's only got a few months left and is worried about losing weight and coming home skinny he gave me like 5 packages of Pop Tarts!!!!! It was REDONKULOUS !!! So, before I realized it I had eaten like 3 packages of them lol. I was in 7th Heaven... I also didn't realize that they're so fattening, I was looking at the nutrition and man, these suckers are unhealthy! Oh well, I walk bastante every day so I don't really have to worry too much about getting fat. Speaking of losing weight, I now discovered that I can put on and take off my dress pants without having to unbutton or unzip them. How's that for losing weight?
Anyhoo... This week was a good week. We didn't have vomiting or falling into sewer lines... so it was a pretty calm week. We're working hard trying to get our investigators ready to be baptized, and we've got a few with a lot of potential. We found a women whose name is L... she actually has a lot of experiance with the church because of her mother-in-law. She'd been going to church fairly regularly a couple years back with her mother-in-law (who's now moved to another ward) and knows quite a few of the ward members already. It was pretty cool because when she came in to Sacrament meeting she saw an Irmã in the ward who she hadn't seen in quite some time and the two of them went and hugged. It just makes me kinda sad that the people that we're finding I probably won't see get baptized because I'm probably going to get transfered next week. I've been in the area for 3 transfers now and 2 with my filho so its looking pretty likely that next week I'll be writing to you from a different area. I'm actually pretty sad to think about leaving this area. We've seen tons of success ahere and I feel like the people that we've baptized are really going to stay strong. I'll probably be coming back to see some of them go through the temple and get sealed. Just saying, if you come down to pick me up, we'll most definitely be passing through this area so you all can know all the special people that are here.
So what else? Well, I did 2 really special baptismal interviews this last week. The mom had been really struggling and praying to know what truly was right and which church is true. That night, she had a dream about 3 people dressed in white, with ties and nametages at her front gate. The next day, com certeza, the Elders knocked her door and they accepted the missionaries in. They had a LOT of challenges... but 4 months later I was sitting in there with them and they were ready to be baptized. Its amazing to see how much the Gospel can change lives... now, they're clean and pure and they're going to continue strong and recieve all the blessings of the Lord. The Gospel truly does change people for the better. It moves and helps people reach their true potential. That's why I'm here. The power of the Atonement cleans any and all lingering wounds and there's nothing better in the world than to see a person before and after the gospel and the Atonement have taken affect and they're now full of the Spirit and feeling the Lord's love. I love being a missionary, I love helping people and seeing the changes that happen in the people who want to follow the Lord. To me, there's nothing more rewarding than seeing the blessings of the Gospel and the Atonement take affect in someone's life. This is the Lord's work and I'm humbled to think that I'm so richly blessed to help these people recieve these blessings.
-Elder Marx-
Photos
the zone with our nifty special zone t-shirts
my comp completely soaked because of the rain
shots of our nifty special zone t-shirt
No comments:
Post a Comment