Carta de Elder Marx. Vocês conhecem... aquele missionário lá no outro lado do mundo...

Hey guys, how's life? Things are going great here. I'm pretty sure I already mentioned it to you all but I'm working in a branch that's struggling to grow, but things are going really well now. We have 4 baptisms scheduled for next week! Its going to be great! We've been working our tails off and haven't been seeing lots of success but now things are going really well and we're going to baptize!!! (We're pretty dang excited).
 
So, seeing as Chritmas-time is coming closer and you guys are asking me what I'd like in a package I'll address that. Well, I don't really need anything. Before you guys send me something I want you all to make another package and send it to another missionary here in the mission. He's in my District, and his name's Elder Justino. I've known him all his mission and I'll tell you his story: He's from Fortaleza, Ceará, which is up in the Northeast of Brasil and its really poor... He and his sister are the only members of the church in his family and they're both serving missions right now. His parents are from another church and don't support him serving a mission. In fact, its been about 6 months since they've written him anything. He's a great missionary, but I don't think he's going to receive anything for Christmas. So, before you guys send me anything, I want you all to send him a package so that he doesn't go through this Christmas receiving nothing. So, he plays the violin (got one second-hand and taught himself how to play) but doesn't have much sheet music so I'd like you all to send him some sheet music and training books on the violin on the intermediate level. Make a really great package-fill it with cool stuff from Deseret Book, cool church things and cool American things and send it to him, he's a great guy and deserves to receive something for Christmas. I'm sure it'll mean a lot to him. As for me: oh whatever, you guys know what I like.
 
So, funny story... I threw a load of whites in the washing machine (our washing machine is total rubbish but oh well) and they went through the wash. However, I forgot to pull them out until the next day. So, when I pulled them out, all my garments were completely moldy. Gross. Like they were covered with this black mold. So, unfortunately I had no other choice but to use them this week until today when we got permission to run to the temple and buy new garments. It was straight up nasty. But oh well, life as a missionary, and now I'm careful to never leave my clothes in the washing machine in the Brazilian heat.
 
Well, time's up, gotta run!!!
 
Love you all!!!!!!
 
-Elder Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment