So you guys are NOT going to believe who is my companion now...

So, first off, how is everyone? Excited for thanksgiving? So, we had transfers this week and I am no longer with Elder Gomes. I picked up a new companion... Elder Thorpe! (To those of you who are not currently residing in Texas, Elder Thorpe is from the same stake as mom and dad). I couldn't believe it when I heard it. So, I'm with an American for the first time in nearly a year. Its a little odd, actually. But it'll be great. We're going to go nuts here in the area and baptize everyone.


Speaking of baptism, they happened!!!! It was great!!! So, we showed up at the chapel rather early to make sure that everything would be ready and we went to fill the font, but we discovered that the door was locked and we didn't have the keys. So, I kinda had to do a spider-man type climbing action to get over to turn the water on, but it all worked out in the end. Also, the water heater wasn't working (I spent two hours fighting with the sucker and it still didn't work... grrrr...) so it was rather cold but the day was really hot and it all worked out great in the end. I love baptizing!!!


So, funny story rapidão: So we were at a member's house and I saw that they have a pull-up bar. So, we were waiting for lunch to be ready so I decided to goof a little bit and do a couple pull-ups. Well, I did a few and then on my third or fourth, I pulled myself up a little too much and bonked my nose on the door frame where the bar was mounted. Well, I actually thought I broke my nose, but it turned out I just scalped a couple layers of skin off my nose and for the last week or so I've been walking around with this huge scab on my nose because of it. When the members ask me what happened I just tell them we got jumped- their reactions are way funny.


So, I also had the coolest lesson of my mission last week. I was in a division with another Elder and we went to teach a Jew. Well, as you know, Jews don't believe in Christ. He had quite a few doubts about the fact that Christ was the Messiah... It wasn't bible-bash, but we opened up scripture after scripture in the Old Testament proving that Christ was and IS the Messiah and the Son of God. You could see his head spinning, but it was soooooo flipping cool!!!!! My whole mission we always testify that the Church was restored, that the Book of Mormon is true, that God calls prophets in our days, etc. But I never had to testify to somebody that Jesus is the Christ. It was a really cool experience and the Spirit was so strong when we testified to him. I love the fact that I know the scriptures well enough to be able to open them and teach people about the truthfulness of our message. Its great!!!


So, I have received 2 birthday packages. The Skittles and Pay days are gone and the electric razor got here safe and sound.  Thanks so much for them. Oh, and do you guys remember what I asked you all for a couple weeks ago- to get together that Christmas package for the Elder in my district who won't receive anything? Are you doing that? Please do it and please let me know about it. I would mean a lot to him. Please let me know.


So yeah, things are rolling along here really well. Life's great, the mission's great, I love where I'm at and what I'm doing. The church is true!!!


Love you all, have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!!


-Elder Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment