Well, new things have happened

Well, first things off: I am no longer in Paradise. Yes, Elder Bubba is a little sad... So, after apenas one transfer, I got transferred again. I'm now in the City of Colombo (google map it, would you kindly...) Its a suburb of Curitiba so Bubba's back in the big city. I'm working in a Branch, not a Ward now as well, so things should be fairly interesting.... Also, for the First time in more than 6 months, I'm working with someone who ISN'T a greenie, so that should be fairly refreshing. I like working and helping out the new elders, but they were starting to burn me out. So my new comp is Elder Gomes, he's from São Paulo (surprise, almost all of my comps are from there) and he's got a little more time on the mission than me. He seems pretty chill... But yeah, we're going to go nutzo on this area and baptize everyone that we can.
 
So, this last week things went really well, things were finally starting to get going with the ward. We taught a bunch of lessons and were finally starting to see success but now we're not there to see the fruits of our labors.... Also, today is a national holiday: Children's Day! I'm actually really glad that its P-Day because on the holidays its almost impossible to do anything other than walk around the whole day accomplishing nothing- the people all get drunk and ´party so I'm glad its P-Day and we can relax a little.
 
Hmm... what else? Well, as I said I'm trying to collect books in Portuguese and I found another one for my collection. Do you guys know the book Eldest (mom should at least)? Well, I saw it in Portuguese and I couldn't resist. I'm getting a fairly large collection. Its the one trunky thing I do, and I don't read them, so I feel justified. It'll be lots of fun to read them all AFTER my mission.
 
So yeah, I got transferred... I'm no longer in Paradise, and I'm going to forget all about it and go crazy on this area and baptize everyone we can!!! I love being a missionary!!!!! Hope you all have a wonderful week!!!! Love you all!!!!! The Gospel is TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
-Elder Marx
 
PS I made Root Beer. So. Flipping. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment